Thoughts on new Artwork and more

Questions and comments about Other World Mapper.

Moderator: Kanchou

Faustyna

Re: Thoughts on new Artwork and more

Post by Faustyna » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:13 pm

I'd love new art packs, especially for other cultures (Asian, Arabic, African..). I wouldn't mind paying a few dollars a pack either.

Jimsocks

Post by Jimsocks » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:17 pm

If I was running a campaign that could benefit from an art pack, I would buy it- I never hesitate if I think there is benefit to the campaign.

Currently, I am running Out Of The Abyss, a DnD 5e campaign set in the Underdark caves the entire campaign. This has led me to spend WAY too much time making my own cave-themed art for OWM... If you had a cave/underdark themed art pack I would have already bought it- my time is worth enough for me to justify purchases like that.

So- whatever art set types pander to the largest number of campaigns- start there :)

Off the top of my head... everyone has a tavern somewhere in their campaign, but not everyone builds maps for them... Towers are an interesting thing to tackle, maybe with rounded art to conform to tower walls? I bet a wilderness art pack with plenty of vegetation art would be welcome to a lot of campaigns too, but I am just shooting from the hip.

IronConrad

Post by IronConrad » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:19 am

I have not purchased an Art Pack but I have purchased a number of the products (CC, Fractal Mapper, Hexographer, and OWM).

I would purchase a map pack. I would rather buy a "complete set" meaning enough to make a new map set ... for example Asian. I would rather have 50 of those items then 10 of 5 different styles.

My objective is to build a nice map. I'm not an artist so I'm paying for an artists skills. That would be color selection, shape selection, and completeness.

Layman IronConrad tends to focus on Blue Ocean, Green map. But, if one wanted a nice white map with black icons, having a complete set would make it easier for me. Or, as I can see a nice Greek map.

Map Borders would be nice.

Obviously, the thought is to increase revenue into your product. This is a good thing!!!! How about teaming with someone to make printing easier? Putting my map on a large banner / shape would be nice. I know I can export to PDF and run them over to Staples or send them to whoever, but if you had a preferred partner, I would feel more comfortable that I could get it turned around quickly. How about transferring to cloth?

The next product to go with the tool is a virtual desktop if you want to be ambitious. Tough leap. But, for me, I have multiples for each and would love to have them combined.