Printing a specific area on map

Questions and comments about Other World Mapper.

Moderator: Kanchou

spudnik13

Printing a specific area on map

Post by spudnik13 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:33 pm

I am working on creating a large map of my entire fantasy world, but would like to zoom in and print off, specific areas of the map that my players may be traversing at the time instead of printing of the whole map at one time.

For instance on the sample map for the Realm of Jeneiras, I would like to zoom in on the island in the upper left corner and just print off the island instead of the entire map. I am fairly new to OWM so I may be missing something and any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Printing a specific area on map

Post by Kanchou » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:46 pm

spudnik13 wrote:I am working on creating a large map of my entire fantasy world, but would like to zoom in and print off, specific areas of the map that my players may be traversing at the time instead of printing of the whole map at one time.

For instance on the sample map for the Realm of Jeneiras, I would like to zoom in on the island in the upper left corner and just print off the island instead of the entire map. I am fairly new to OWM so I may be missing something and any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Welcome to OWM and the forums!

There is actually not a direct way to do this, which is quite lame. We missed that functionality so we'll make sure to add this as a feature for the next release.

Meanwhile, the work around would be to manually crop the map to the areas you want to print (make sure you do this from a copy so you don't accidentally save over your map!). From the Map Setup, you can change the size and center so that the canvas is cropped the upper left.

For that particular example you could also select the island and surrounding symbols and do "New Map From Selection."

Would that work as a temporary workaround? Let us know if you have any other questions or feedback!

Thank you!!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software