Blurry Icons

Questions and comments about Other World Mapper.

Moderator: Kanchou

Gossamer

Blurry Icons

Post by Gossamer » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:16 pm

As I've been playing with a map, I've noticed that some of the mountain icons seem to come out particularly blurry once they get placed. Is this to be expected when scaling down features? I notice it more on some icons than others.

For example, this is a bunch of mountain icons scaled down to 35%:

The left-most mountain (a medium, surrounded by a bunch of small icons) is particularly blurry compared to everything else.

And this is the same mountain placed down (on the left), next to the icon and how it looks on your mouse before you place it (on the right). And this is again at a scale of 35%.

My Preview Quality is set to High Resolution. I tried exporting a map as a png as well, and I see the same blurriness there.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Blurry Icons

Post by Kanchou » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:42 am

Gossamer wrote:As I've been playing with a map, I've noticed that some of the mountain icons seem to come out particularly blurry once they get placed. Is this to be expected when scaling down features? I notice it more on some icons than others.
No, it shouldn't be expected, it seems that it's an issue/bug with V0.9.2. There was an issue in a previous release that was fixed and this may be a side effect or be related.

We'll look into it, Thank you!!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Blurry Icons

Post by Kanchou » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:15 pm

Gossamer wrote:As I've been playing with a map, I've noticed that some of the mountain icons seem to come out particularly blurry once they get placed. Is this to be expected when scaling down features? I notice it more on some icons than others.
It was an issue with the final rasterizer configuration for high quality and export resolutions. It's fixed now and will be covered by V0.9.3.

Very helpful observation and very much appreciated :). Thank you!!!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software