Feedback

Questions and comments about Other World Mapper.

Moderator: Kanchou

Jimsocks

Feedback

Post by Jimsocks » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:08 pm

In my last thread, I said I would give some art manager feedback- so here goes!

I really like it- it's simple and easy to use. I even prefer it to my go-to of just working with nested folders!

If I were to change two things:

1. When moving artwork around between folders, it would be nice if the "sets" dropdown started off from the set you are currently in- as the majority of the time I am just reorganizing art within sets into different "groups", and it's tedious to always have to re-select the set. (The "sets" drop down currently always starts at the first "set" in the list, instead of the one you are currently working in)

2. I don't know if it is possible, but once an art asset has been moved, all of the maps that used that asset now have no idea where it went so they display an error graphic in it's place. Can't the art manager tell the map to change the art's address to the asset's new location?

So that's it. All in all, bravo on the art manager tool- I like it.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Feedback

Post by Kanchou » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:24 pm

Jimsocks wrote:In my last thread, I said I would give some art manager feedback- so here goes!

I really like it- it's simple and easy to use. I even prefer it to my go-to of just working with nested folders!

If I were to change two things:

1. When moving artwork around between folders, it would be nice if the "sets" dropdown started off from the set you are currently in- as the majority of the time I am just reorganizing art within sets into different "groups", and it's tedious to always have to re-select the set. (The "sets" drop down currently always starts at the first "set" in the list, instead of the one you are currently working in)

2. I don't know if it is possible, but once an art asset has been moved, all of the maps that used that asset now have no idea where it went so they display an error graphic in it's place. Can't the art manager tell the map to change the art's address to the asset's new location?

So that's it. All in all, bravo on the art manager tool- I like it.
Glad to hear that you like the Art Manager! And thank you for the feedback!

1. Very good point. We'll fix that for the next release.

2. That's also a good point. What we can do for the next release is add a check when you load a map to give you the option to locate a new path for missing artwork. We are already doing something similar for background images and fonts.

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software