The Great Beta Dungeon Functionality Feedback Thread

Development feedback on user interface, features and general design.

Moderator: Kyete

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: The Great Beta Dungeon Functionality Feedback Thread

Post by Kanchou » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:25 pm

orangebug wrote:Ok,

So I created a landmass on top of everything on my Main Floor map. I'm not sure how to change an item's parent within the Z-order. The help file didn't seem to indicate how.

However I ran into a problem before I could attempt that, when you have a Landmass shape placed on top of other objects (I'm unable to change the z-order of the landmass), even when that landmass is hidden, I'm unable to select or move items underneath that landmass. If landmasses are intended to be on the lowest layer possible, then perhaps they should always be created below other items.

Even when creating a small landmass in the corner, I was unable to determine how to parent previously drawn items to that landmass.
That would be a beta 2 bug we didn't catch. Once a landmass is hidden items should be added to the landmass shown rather than the hidden one.
We will fix it with Beta 3.

Generally speaking, the logic is that landmasses are parents of all the items inside, like a continent contains all the rivers, regions etc. So, if you move a continent everything inside moves with it.

Normally you wouldn't put a landmass on top of another, unless you are doing something like having two floors like I suggested or if you are doing something like a floating continent.
orangebug wrote: P.S.
One other bit of feedback: When moving areas around that I've drawn on the grid, the areas snap along the outer edge of the wall, instead of on the points of the map. This means that if I move an area after drawing it on the grid, I have to manually nudge all the points back onto the grid. Maybe have an option to snap on area points, instead of the edges of the shape?
That's another bug, the snapping should be consistent between drawing and moving. We will change it so that snapping when moving an object matches the snapping from when it was drawn.

Thank you!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software