On Kickstarter and comments..

Development feedback on user interface, features and general design.

Moderator: Kyete

Kanchou
Site Admin

On Kickstarter and comments..

Post by Kanchou » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:47 pm

In light of the recent Kickstarter comment in the comments section...

We just wanted to ask everyone working with the Alpha release that isn't already doing it, to please bring to us any issues/feedback/concerns with Other World Mapper. As you can see from the forums we've been quick to address issues (including new functionality) and we would like a chance at addressing your concerns before leaving negative feedback via the Kickstarter comment section.

If you let us know what it is that you don't like/isn't working right, there is a good chance we will be able to address it :)

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

unklStewy

Re: On Kickstarter and comments..

Post by unklStewy » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:28 am

Alejandro,

Frankly I was surprised there wasn't an NDA at the start of Alpha but I came into it with the notion that Alpha software isn't generally talked about in public and since you had created locked forums for the Alpha and Beta testers I assumed you would want to keep the comments on the forum until they could be addressed in policy or code.

I am sorry to see that it was taken to the Kickstarter comments instead of the forums but I am glad to see that TMS is letting the other Alpha and Beta testers share their positive impressions with the Kickstarter as well.

You guys have been great to work with!

Casey A. :ugeek:
unklStewy
Stewart A.
Wisterian Realms
www.wisterian.net

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: On Kickstarter and comments..

Post by Kanchou » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:36 pm

unklStewy wrote:Alejandro,

Frankly I was surprised there wasn't an NDA at the start of Alpha but I came into it with the notion that Alpha software isn't generally talked about in public and since you had created locked forums for the Alpha and Beta testers I assumed you would want to keep the comments on the forum until they could be addressed in policy or code.

I am sorry to see that it was taken to the Kickstarter comments instead of the forums but I am glad to see that TMS is letting the other Alpha and Beta testers share their positive impressions with the Kickstarter as well.

You guys have been great to work with!

Casey A. :ugeek:
Casey,

We hate NDA's ;P (Most of our contract work is under NDA's). And thank you for the vote of confidence!

We like specific feedback because our plans for Other World Mapper are long term so even issues/functionality improvements that don't make it to the first V1.0.1 release would be added in later releases.

So keep the great feedback coming! :D

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software