Projected Completion of City Map objective

Development feedback on user interface, features and general design.

Moderator: Kyete

lauraoliva

Projected Completion of City Map objective

Post by lauraoliva » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:24 am

I know there are multiple project milestones ahead of city maps, but I was wondering if there was a projected date for incorporating city map functionality into OWM. I'm guessing it will not come until somewhere in the beta stage of development.

I'm trying to decide if it would be best to continue sketching out these places by hand or if it will be soon enough to delay creation until OWM has a tool available.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Projected Completion of City Map objective

Post by Kanchou » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:42 pm

lauraoliva wrote:I know there are multiple project milestones ahead of city maps, but I was wondering if there was a projected date for incorporating city map functionality into OWM. I'm guessing it will not come until somewhere in the beta stage of development.

I'm trying to decide if it would be best to continue sketching out these places by hand or if it will be soon enough to delay creation until OWM has a tool available.
Laura,

It's a hard question. We are trying to prioritize by stretch goal and city mapping was one of the last. So city mapping would probably make it in by Beta 3. Dungeon tools are ahead in the schedule and we have a projected date for those, but dates for features after that will depend greatly on the feedback we receive on the dungeon tools.

So I think it sketching by hand for a little longer is the best option. As soon as we have a tentative date for those tools I'll let you know.

Thanks!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software