Overview (help) Document and Questions

Development feedback on user interface, features and general design.

Moderator: Kyete

Kanchou
Site Admin

Overview (help) Document and Questions

Post by Kanchou » Tue May 05, 2015 3:36 pm

Edit: Document added

For those trying the alpha, we finished an overview/help document. Note that it's only an overview document and not a "true" help document.
http://www.otherworldmapper.com/alpha/O ... V0.7.1.pdf

We're hoping the GUI will be intuitive in most cases, but the document should come in handy if you have any questions.

Also, please ask if you have any questions about functionality!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

unindel

Re: Overview (help) Document and Questions

Post by unindel » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:39 pm

I know this is probably outdated for the beta now but I just finally started using OWM (backed for alpha but was too busy to really dig into it) and wanted to see if I could get a reference.

Link is broken though (404 error) so I can't even look at this :( Can we get the link fixed to at least this version until there's an updated one?

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:52 pm

unindel wrote:I know this is probably outdated for the beta now but I just finally started using OWM (backed for alpha but was too busy to really dig into it) and wanted to see if I could get a reference.

Link is broken though (404 error) so I can't even look at this :( Can we get the link fixed to at least this version until there's an updated one?
I re-uploaded the document to that exact link, but it is outdated. We are working on updated documentation, but in the meantime please post any questions regarding functionality or contact us directly and we will be happy to help.

Thanks!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:21 pm

unindel wrote:I know this is probably outdated for the beta now but I just finally started using OWM (backed for alpha but was too busy to really dig into it) and wanted to see if I could get a reference.

FYI. The new release has updated documentation. It's not the final and still needs more work, but it's got 30+ pages of details.

Thanks!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software