Feature List for OWM Intial Release As Posted on Kickstarter

Development feedback on user interface, features and general design.

Moderator: Kyete

Kyete
Site Moderator

Re: Feature List for OWM Intial Release As Posted on Kickstarter

Post by Kyete » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:31 am

stefanstr wrote:I would like to see support for SVG.
unklStewy wrote:Alejandro,

I would second stefanstr's .SVG support suggestion. The SVG format would be great for Wiki exports and it is always nice to have an clean scaling base map for other print projects. From what I understand OWM is a vector art engine at it's core, would this make it easier to have vector output.

One good use for this would be a export of maps to plotting systems and vector cutters.
  • One of the things I've wanted to do for a while is plot my adventure worlds onto vinyl and have it laid onto a ferrous back plate.
  • You could hang it on the wall in the Game Den and as your party moves through the world you could push magnetic tokens around and then put labels on cities as they are discovered.
  • There are vinyl substrates which work well as dry erase material.
These are the nerd pipe dreams that I live with. And for the techno savvy nerd it's not that far fetched to invest in. A decent plotter/cutter can be had on e-bay for $200.00 or so.. enough that it will allow you to lay the vinyl in strips.

I digress, but the idea of having one or two vector exports would be awesome!

Casey :ugeek:
Exporting vector data to .SVG format is one of our base development goals. It got added about halfway through the kickstarter campaign, which is probably why it keeps slipping under the radar.

@Casey Cool! Wall décor and gaming tool in one. :)

unklStewy

Post by unklStewy » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:39 pm

Kyete wrote:
Exporting vector data to .SVG format is one of our base development goals. It got added about halfway through the kickstarter campaign, which is probably why it keeps slipping under the radar.

@Casey Cool! Wall décor and gaming tool in one. :)

Supah Schweet!

So .. uhmm yeah .. how about that local sports team ...

It could almost become meme worthy ..
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Casey :ugeek:
unklStewy
Stewart A.
Wisterian Realms
www.wisterian.net

Odd Hollis

Post by Odd Hollis » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:50 pm

Glad I decided to check back! Looks like I'll be spoiled for choice as to which format to use with Realm Works. I'm not very good at making maps, and have found most mapping tools either waay above my skill level (i.e. CC3) or not capable enough for what I want. Hopefully OW will hit the sweet spot.

esoares

Post by esoares » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:39 pm

Hey! I'm new here, so apologies in advance if this was already answered (I've tried to search, but to no avail): There's any plans to implement 'child maps' (in that you click some hex and open a zoomed version of it where you could detail it more) or any kind of 'hexes inside hexes', using only zoom (without creating another child object)?

Something more or less like this:

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:43 am

No problem! And welcome :)

It is planned and part of the vector zoom functionality, but it was moved to after V1.0 as we get the core features and stretch goals down. The engine is setup to handle it but it will require changes to the UI and in particular increasing the scope of testing so we decided to wait.

Thanks!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

esoares

Post by esoares » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:25 am

Kanchou wrote:No problem! And welcome :)

It is planned and part of the vector zoom functionality, but it was moved to after V1.0 as we get the core features and stretch goals down. The engine is setup to handle it but it will require changes to the UI and in particular increasing the scope of testing so we decided to wait.

Thanks!

- Alejandro
Awesome!