Version Expired, haven't received email for latest version

Development feedback on user interface, features and general design.

Moderator: Kyete

twocatsyelling

Version Expired, haven't received email for latest version

Post by twocatsyelling » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:25 pm

Hello,

So, just tried to run OWM, and received a message that it's expired and that I need the latest version. This has happened before and I had to come here to ask about it.

Checked spam mail, and it's also not in there.

Since Beta versions expire, is there a way to add something to the "expired" dialog window with a link to a download location to grab the latest version? Would save a lot of time, on part of those needing the latest version, and on you not having to read and then reply to posts like this :p.

In any case, is there a link to the latest version I could be linked to, please?

Thank you.

twocatsyelling

Re: Version Expired, haven't received email for latest version

Post by twocatsyelling » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:26 am

So.... Am I just screwed without something to use until you people get the new version out?

I don't know whose idea it was to let versions expire weeks before a new one was available to take its place... but it's a pretty terrible system.

Rhapsody

Post by Rhapsody » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:07 am

What version are you using? I haven't gotten any expiration notice yet with Beta 6.

As far as I'm aware, download links seem to be personal, so probably they can't provide a handy direct link in notices.

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:04 pm

user_mv wrote:Hello,

So, just tried to run OWM, and received a message that it's expired and that I need the latest version. This has happened before and I had to come here to ask about it.

Checked spam mail, and it's also not in there.

Since Beta versions expire, is there a way to add something to the "expired" dialog window with a link to a download location to grab the latest version? Would save a lot of time, on part of those needing the latest version, and on you not having to read and then reply to posts like this :p.

In any case, is there a link to the latest version I could be linked to, please?

Thank you.
Hello!

Sorry I missed your forum post - it's been hectic trying to get this release out!

We are finished with the beta versions, beta 6 was the last one (and as pointed by the reply Beta 6 doesn't expire until the end of this year). We'll be releasing Release Candidate 1 soon and with it an automatic check for updates so that people are reminded to check for new versions.

I'll send you a new link for Beta 6 shortly.

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:09 pm

user_mv wrote:So.... Am I just screwed without something to use until you people get the new version out?

I don't know whose idea it was to let versions expire weeks before a new one was available to take its place... but it's a pretty terrible system.
Beta 6 doesn't expire for a while, so I think you must have been running the previous version still?

I reactivated your link for Beta 6 and should get to you shortly. If ever need a download link just email us to info@threemindssoftware.com, we typically respond within 12 hours.

Thank you for your patience!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software