Feedback Wanted

Development feedback on user interface, features and general design.

Moderator: Kyete

Kanchou
Site Admin

Feedback Wanted

Post by Kanchou » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:13 pm

With what should hopefully be our last Beta release before the first release candidate, we want to have as much feedback as possible with this release. In particular:

With Overland and Basic tools moving to "Release Candidate" level with Beta 6, please let us know of any bugs beyond the ones in the bugs section for these tool sets. Also overland and basic tools functionality that you think is a must before V1.0 (keep in mind there will be many V1.X releases adding more functionality).

The City Tools aren't complete and just left alpha, but we welcome any feedback on them!

And finally functionality we may have missed from the Kickstarter (we are currently up to the 4th stretch goal - with some of the functionality of the sixth implemented).

Thank You!!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

stefanstr

Re: Feedback Wanted

Post by stefanstr » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:46 am

I don't know if I'll have access to a Windows machine this time around so may not be able to test, but would like to ask you: have the problems with projections been fixed? (I.e., the polar regions getting all jumbled up.)

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Feedback Wanted

Post by Kanchou » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:14 pm

stefanstr wrote:I don't know if I'll have access to a Windows machine this time around so may not be able to test, but would like to ask you: have the problems with projections been fixed? (I.e., the polar regions getting all jumbled up.)
That's the last big bug left with Beta 6, for Mercator Transverse and Azimuthal projections across the poles. The issue is that due the nature of the transforms OWM has to extrapolate additional points at the transition between -90, 90 and -180, 180. But we don't want to enable that until it's working 100% of the time properly (which it wasn't with Beta 5/6). We have to have that working with the first Release Candidate version, so it should hopefully be fixed soon.

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software