issue tracker

Development feedback on user interface, features and general design.

Moderator: Kyete

stopher87

issue tracker

Post by stopher87 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:18 am

I was wondering if you guys had a list of features for 1.0 and if you plan on using an issue tracker that is publicly available? Games like Rust has had a lot of success using Trello for this. It gives everyone an insight into how the game is coming along without having to buy you guys on the forums every day.

Big Mac

Re: issue tracker

Post by Big Mac » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:24 pm

stopher87 wrote:I was wondering if you guys had a list of features for 1.0 and if you plan on using an issue tracker that is publicly available? Games like Rust has had a lot of success using Trello for this. It gives everyone an insight into how the game is coming along without having to buy you guys on the forums every day.
Won't OWM be starting off as 0.1.x if it is at the Alpha stage?

I would have thought that 1.0 would be the first commercial version. :)
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
(A Spelljammer fan hoping to user Other World Mapper to make lots of maps of planets.)
You can see more of me over at The Piazza campaign settings forums

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:54 pm

stopher87 wrote:I was wondering if you guys had a list of features for 1.0 and if you plan on using an issue tracker that is publicly available? Games like Rust has had a lot of success using Trello for this. It gives everyone an insight into how the game is coming along without having to buy you guys on the forums every day.
After the KS campaign we updated our project schedule with the new features from the stretch goals, and other features that we added per requests. We'll keep everyone updated to where we are at from a condensed version of the project schedule via KS updates.
A public issue tracker is something we may do, but once we deliver the first alpha build to the alpha backers.

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:59 pm

We are at 0.6.X. The build from the KS video was a stable release for internal alpha testing.

The alpha releases for the alpha backers will be 0.7.X.

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

Big Mac

Post by Big Mac » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:27 am

Kanchou wrote:
We are at 0.6.X. The build from the KS video was a stable release for internal alpha testing.

The alpha releases for the alpha backers will be 0.7.X.

- Alejandro
Thanks Alejandro.

It's really great to know that.

I'm not an Alpha Tester or a Beta Tester, but that information is really interesting. I think it would be fun for some people to be able to follow along with the updates that you do - even if we are not getting access to those updates ourselves.

I once spent ages looking at the changes in World of Warcraft patches, although my motivation there was to look for plot changes, that could be raided for tabletop Warcraft gaming.

And I've also spent some time (less time) looking at phpBB updates, to see what features have been added to the software (and what security fixes have been applied).

I am really going to enjoy seeing how fast the Alpha testers can help you find and remove bugs. So every time the "x" number at the end goes up, it is going to be really fun to see it increase. And I'm assuming you can't just throw in all the Kickstarter features in one go, so it will be facinating to see each one go live. But I would also be interested to see the pre 0.7 progress, if you have kept historical records.
David "Big Mac" Shepheard
(A Spelljammer fan hoping to user Other World Mapper to make lots of maps of planets.)
You can see more of me over at The Piazza campaign settings forums

Odd Hollis

Post by Odd Hollis » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:24 am

All good things to hear!

unklStewy

Post by unklStewy » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:19 pm

Good Morning,

I'm excited for April and the v0.7.X phase to start. I don't know if I am good at finding bugs, but the bugs are usually pretty good at finding me. Especially when I get on a role and haven't saved any progress for hours on end.

Thanks for keeping us updated on the progress you have been making!

Casey :ugeek:
unklStewy
Stewart A.
Wisterian Realms
www.wisterian.net

Kanchou
Site Admin

Post by Kanchou » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:10 pm

unklStewy wrote: I don't know if I am good at finding bugs, but the bugs are usually pretty good at finding me. Especially when I get on a role and haven't saved any progress for hours on end.
We will very much appreciate your alpha testing then :)

Many people, including developers, don't realize how much time and effort goes into beta testing software so the final product is stable!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software