Nice job on memory

Development feedback on user interface, features and general design.

Moderator: Kyete

disco@discofiend.com

Nice job on memory

Post by disco@discofiend.com » Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:28 pm

I had an issue where I did *something* with the toolbars and caused a memory leak - got to 7GB before crashing. I can't recreate it, but as a test, I've let the program run for more than 24 hours. It's been well-behaved this whole time, sitting at ~300MB. This is on Windows.

If I can replicate the crash, I'll certainly post, but if not, wanted to say that I'm glad that this beta doesn't have any persistent memory leaks that exist just via the program running. :-)

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Nice job on memory

Post by Kanchou » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:25 pm

disco@discofiend.com wrote:I had an issue where I did *something* with the toolbars and caused a memory leak - got to 7GB before crashing. I can't recreate it, but as a test, I've let the program run for more than 24 hours. It's been well-behaved this whole time, sitting at ~300MB. This is on Windows.

If I can replicate the crash, I'll certainly post, but if not, wanted to say that I'm glad that this beta doesn't have any persistent memory leaks that exist just via the program running. :-)
Thank you! :).

Our of curiosity, were you docking/undocking the toolbars or changing options?

Thanks!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

disco@discofiend.com

Re: Nice job on memory

Post by disco@discofiend.com » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:46 pm

Kanchou wrote:Our of curiosity, were you docking/undocking the toolbars or changing options?
Accidental docking/undocking, I believe. I clicked and dragged accidentally which prompted the crash at the time. Still haven't recreated it since then :)