Other World Mapper, V0.8.3 (Beta 3) Installation Recommendations

Development feedback on user interface, features and general design.

Moderator: Kyete

efremj

Other World Mapper, V0.8.3 (Beta 3) Installation Recommendations

Post by efremj » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:22 pm

Hello!

What is the recommended method for installing the new Beta 3 release? Should I uninstall the current version I have and start fresh or is it OK to install overtop of the old installation?

I've setup several custom art folders that I don't want to lose so I'll wind up backing those up for good measure, but otherwise any advice on the best way to install this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-Efrem

Kanchou
Site Admin

Re: Other World Mapper, V0.8.3 (Beta 3) Installation Recommendations

Post by Kanchou » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:26 pm

efremj wrote:Hello!

What is the recommended method for installing the new Beta 3 release? Should I uninstall the current version I have and start fresh or is it OK to install overtop of the old installation?

I've setup several custom art folders that I don't want to lose so I'll wind up backing those up for good measure, but otherwise any advice on the best way to install this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-Efrem
Efrem,

You should be able to just run the update and it should just upgrade the files we distribute over the existing ones. That said, it's beta, so please please backup all your custom art folders and custom themes you have have created (like it seems you already did)!

After running the update let us know if the installer messed up anything so we can fix that for the next release.

Thank you!!

EDIT: made this sticky because it is a very good point. Thanks again!

- Alejandro
Alejandro S. Canosa
Three Minds Software

efremj

Re: Other World Mapper, V0.8.3 (Beta 3) Installation Recommendations

Post by efremj » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:25 pm

Thanks, Alejandro.

Everything went very smoothly. I backed up my art folders just in case, I did a complete uninstall and then a fresh installation of the new Beta 3. I was pleased to find that even with the uninstall of the previous version, my art folders were preserved and available when the new software was loaded.

So far things are looking good as far as objects, maps, etc. etc. etc.

Thanks!

-Efrem